- Landscape and History on the Medieval Irish Frontier: The King’s Cantreds in the Thirteenth Century (Brepols, in press, 2015)
- A Nation in Medieval Ireland? Perspectives on Gaelic National Identity, 1200-1400 (Oxford, Archaeopress: 2004)
Peer-Reviewed Edited Volumes
- Medieval Lough Ce: History, Archaeology, and Landscape (Dublin, Four Courts Press: 2010) (Editor)
- Archaeology, Peoples, and Landscapes: Essays in Honor of Jenna Higgins (Institute of European Archaeology Press, 2012) (Editor)
- “Medieval Moated Sites in County Roscommon, Ireland: A Statistical Approach,” Chateau Gaillard: Etudes de Castellogie Medievale, Aarhus (University of Caan, Volume 26, 2014).
- “Dental microwear texture analysis of mandibular molars from Medieval Ireland and England.” Federations of American Societies of Experimental Biology Journal 26 (2012): 9976.
- “Castle Reconstruction using 3D Computer Technology,” Chateau Gaillard: Etudes de Catellogie Medievale, Rindern (University of Caan, Volume 25, 2012).
- “Bioarchaeology of a medieval Irish ecclesiastical settlement,” American Journal of Physical Anthropology (Spring, Volume 52, 2011), 135.
- “Violence in Medieval Ireland, Eolas: The Journal of the American Society of Irish Medieval Studies (Volume 4, 2010), 86-97.
- “The Hall House at Kilteasheen, Co. Roscommon, Ireland,” Chateau Gaillard: Etudes de Catellogie Medievale, Stirling (Volume 24, 2010).
- “The Future of Irish Medieval Studies.” Eolas: The Journal of the American Society of Irish Medieval Studies (Volume 3, 2009), 1-5.
- “The Bardic Approach to God: Vernacular Theology in Gaelic Ireland, 1200-1400,” Journal of the American Society of Irish Medieval Studies (Volume 2, 2007).
- “Editors Note: Medieval Irish Studies in the United States,” Journal of the American Society of Irish Medieval Studies (Volume 1, 2006): 1-6.
- “The Ecclesiastical Moated Site at Kilteasheen, Co. Roscommon,” Archaeology: Ireland (Fall, 2005).
- “Prophesies of the Expected Deliverer in Thirteenth and Fourteenth Century Irish Bardic Poetry,” New Hibernia Review (August, 2002): 113-125.
- “The Moated Site at Cloonfree,” Journal of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society (July 2002), 72-87; Reprinted as “The Moated Site of Cloonfree,” The Journal of the County Roscommon Society for History and Archaeology.
- “The MacDermot Identity in the Thirteenth Century,” in Becoming and Belonging in Medieval Ireland (University College Cork Press, forthcoming 2015).
- “Hall Houses, Church, and State in Thirteenth-Century Roscommon: The Origins of the Irish Tower House,” in The Tower in Medieval Europe (Shaun Tynan Press, Leister, 2014)
- “The medieval bishops of Elphin and the lost church at Kilteasheen,” in Princes, Prelates, and Poets in Medieval Ireland: Essays in Honour of Katharine Simms (Four Courts Press, Dublin, 2013).
- “O’Conor Grand Strategy and the Connacht Chronicle in the Thirteenth Century,” in Medieval Lough Cé: History, Archaeology, Landscape (Four Courts Press, Dublin, 2010).
Current Graduate Students
- Elizabeth Kronewitter
- Donal Hegarty
- Meg Smith